***LAST DAY TO APPLY IS AUGUST 31, 2017!!! CALL ME TODAY FOR INFO!!! THE FATE OF THIS PROGRAM IS STILL UNKNOWN!
Home is possible for teachers: To help Nevada communities recruit and retain teachers, Nevada Housing Division has introduced a new program, Home is possible For Teachers, which offers Nevada’s K-12 teachers $10,000 in bonus money toward the purchase of a new home.
Home is possible For Teachers Key Benefits:
• $10,000 in bonus money
• Usable for down payment and closing costs
• Forgivable after five years (if the teacher stays in the home)
• Below-market fixed interest rate
• Statewide program
• No first-time home buyer requirement
• Can be combined with the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program with program fees discounted
Home is possible For Teachers Program Requirements:
• Must be a licensed full-time K-12 public school teacher in Nevada
• Qualifying income below $98,500
• Home price below $400,000
• Minimum credit score of 660
• Government insured loans only (no conventional loans)
• Teacher must live in home as primary residence
• Home buyer education course required
• Must meet standard underwriting requirements
• One-time fee of $675 (also required to record a second mortgage)
• Funding amount available for 300 teachers, provided on a first come, first served basis
Check out my website below for lenders that I have used in the past with this program. If you work for CCSD, I have partnered up with them to get the message out to all teachers that qualify for this amazing program. Call me today if you have any questions about this program. 702-768-2552. This truly is a great program for teachers that are looking to own their home rather than rent it. With housing inventory staying low and pricing going up, now is the time to buy while you can still afford to get a home.
I have helped numerous CCSD teachers obtain their goals of home ownership. Contact me today for a conversation about how I can assist you with your deal of buying and owning a new home. It’s not that difficult to do and the rewards are great!